How is coronary artery disease treated at Miami Cardiac & Vascular Institute?
Our team provides a variety of coronary artery disease treatments, from standard stenting to minimally invasive, robotic surgery options. We also have a full-service cardiac catheterization lab that allows us to treat patients experiencing heart attacks within 60 minutes of arriving.
We also have some of the most advanced imaging tools available today, which allow us to have more precise treatments that lead to better outcomes for our patients.
- Treatments may include:
- Robotic percutaneous intervention (PCI)
- Use of radial artery access for most of our coronary procedures which is associated with lower bleeding risk, increased patient comfort and quicker ambulation post procedure.
- Coronary artery bypass
- Beating-heart surgery
- Aortic Ulcer
- Aortic Valve Sclerosis
- Cardiogenic Shock
- Cholesterol Disorders
- Chronic Total Occlusion
- Myocardial Infarction
- Unstable Angina
- Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery
- Off-pump Coronary Artery Bypass
- Total Endoscopic Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting
- Coronary Angioplasty
- Coronary Stenting
How is coronary artery disease diagnosed?
Most patients undergo diagnostic heart testing to determine whether coronary artery disease treatment is necessary. We use minimally invasive testing as often as possible for coronary artery disease diagnosis. This includes stress test, computer tomography angiograms (CTAs) and cardiac artery calcium scores, which use imaging machines to look inside the body to diagnose or assess a person’s risk for coronary artery disease.
Our Approach to Coronary Artery Disease Treatment
When you come to Miami Cardiac & Vascular Institute for coronary artery disease care, you can expect:
- A multidisciplinary team approach, which brings together a group of specialists with diverse skills to find the right treatment for you.
- An open, transparent procedure area that adds to the culture of the multidisciplinary team approach and collaboration, benefiting patients with more innovative treatment options.
Who benefits from this program?
Miami Cardiac & Vascular Institute cares for patients with coronary artery disease by providing:
- Coronary artery disease prevention education and risk modification, such as changes to lifestyle and diet, for people at risk for the condition.
- Disease management for people with coronary artery disease.
- Follow-up care for patients who have had stents or surgery to treat coronary artery disease.
Meet the Coronary Artery Disease Treatment Team
Collaboration starts early in the diagnosis stage, where we work closely with imaging specialists and technologists to interpret test results. We also hold monthly meetings of cardiologists, interventional cardiologists, interventional radiologists, vascular specialists and heart surgeons to discuss complex coronary disease cases and collaborate on ideas for treatments.
Our team is working to reduce the amount of time you need to stay in the hospital after treatment. For some percutaneous intervention (PCI) treatments and stent procedures, you may be able to go home the same day as your treatment.
Cardiac Calcium Scoring
Miami Cardiac & Vascular Institute helps you take charge of your heart health with a $99 cardiac calcium scoring, a 30-minute, noninvasive CT scan that measures calcium buildup in your artery walls. Nothing is more important for you and your family than keeping your heart healthy. You are a candidate for a cardiac calcium scoring if you are 40-65 years old and have any of the following risk factors:
- Family history of heart disease
- High cholesterol, high blood pressure or diabetes