Almost every patient who walks through the doors at Miami Cardiac & Vascular Institute will undergo diagnostic testing. As one of the largest cardiac and vascular testing programs in the country, we provide fast and accurate test results that lead to more effective diagnoses and treatments.
Diagnostic testing is often the first step in your journey with Miami Cardiac & Vascular Institute. Our team uses some of the most advanced imaging tools available today, including many non-invasive tests. These heart and vascular tests allow your care team to quickly and accurately determine the source of your symptoms, as well as the best course of treatment.
Why do I need diagnostic testing?
You may need diagnostic testing if:
- You have been experiencing chest pain, shortness of breath, pain in the arms or legs.
- You have been diagnosed with heart disease, vascular disease or another cardiovascular problem.
- You have a personal or family history of cardiovascular disease, blood clots or aneurysms.
- You are at high risk for developing heart disease.
- You have had a heart attack or another cardiac event and you need follow-up testing.
- You have high blood pressure.
Which diagnostic heart tests are offered at Miami Cardiac & Vascular Institute?
Miami Cardiac & Vascular Institute offers a full range of heart tests, including advanced minimally invasive procedures that give us a look into your heart.
We are pioneers in the development and use of some of these tests. For example, the cardiac calcium scoring test, developed by one of our radiologists, is a type of CT scan that helps doctors find plaque buildup in the arteries of the heart.
Other diagnostic heart tests offered include:
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Stress test
- Nuclear stress test
- Cardiac computed tomography (CT) calcium score
- Coronary computed tomography angiogram (CCTA)
- Cardiac magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Magnetic resonance angiogram (MRA)
- Holter monitoring
- Blood pressure monitoring
- Cardiac catheterization
What vascular tests are offered at Miami Cardiac & Vascular Institute?
At Miami Cardiac & Vascular Institute, we use advanced, non-invasive vascular tests, including:
- Abdominal doppler study
- Carotid ultrasound
- Venous ultrasound
- Arterial blood flow testing
Conditions & Treatments
- Abnormal ECG
- Abnormal Stress Test
- Cardiac Risk Assessment
- Carotid Intimal Thickness
- Dyspnea on Exertion
- Maternal Hypertension
- Orthostatic Hypertension
- Preventative Cardiology
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Secondary Hypertension
- Cardiopulmonary Exercise Testing
- Carotid Artery Ultrasound
- Carotid Doppler
- Coronary Angiography
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Electrophysiology Testing
- Heart Transplant
- Holter Monitor
- Stress Echo Cardiogram
When you come to Miami Cardiac & Vascular Institute for diagnostic cardiovascular testing, you can expect:
- Collaborative care from a wide range of specialties, including cardiology, vascular surgery, radiology and emergency medicine.
- High standards of care and accuracy. We hold bi-monthly meetings to ensure our members are up to date on the latest techniques and information.
- Detailed and advanced testing technology, so we can develop effective treatments tailored to you.
- Individualized testing based on your specific symptoms and health history.
Frequently Asked Questions
Our philosophy is to offer the least invasive procedures, including diagnostic testing, available. While X-rays, MRIs and most ultrasounds are non-invasive, to get a closer look at your cardiovascular anatomy, we may need to perform more invasive tests, such as cardiac catheterizations or transesophageal echocardiograms. While still minimally invasive – meaning we don’t need to make large incisions to access your anatomy – these do involve putting instruments inside your body, often with a form of anesthesia. We will discuss all the options available and let you know of the risks involved with the more invasive tests we offer.
We have established detailed processes based on symptoms and health history that help us determine the best steps for diagnosis and treatment. With these processes and our advanced testing tools, our patients now spend 50 percent less time in the hospital.