- Advanced Heart Failure
- Cardiorenal Syndrome
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Pericardial Effusion
- Pulmonary Edema
- Angioplasty with Coronary Stents
- Cardiac Defibrillator Implants
- Chronic Inotropic Therapy
- Lymphedema Therapy
- Mechanical Circulatory Support
- Ventricular Assist Device
Our Approach to Heart Failure Treatment
When you come to Miami Cardiac & Vascular Institute for heart failure treatment, you can expect:
- A team that is dedicated to helping you stay out of the hospital and live longer
- Physicians who specialize in all aspects of cardiac care and who help optimize every part of your treatment
- Every aspect of heart failure care under one roof, from diagnosis to treatment to rehabilitation
Who benefits from this program?
When you come to Miami Cardiac & Vascular Institute for heart failure treatment, you will find a team of specialists dedicated to developing a personalized treatment plan based on your specific diagnosis. You may benefit from this program if you:
- Have been diagnosed with heart failure.
- Have recently been readmitted to the hospital for heart failure relapse.
What does "heart failure" mean?
During the heart failure clinic, you meet with a nurse who runs diagnostic tests, such as blood tests and X-rays, to see how you are recovering after treatment. Based on this checkup, your care team optimizes your heart failure treatment plan so it works as well as possible. You are welcome to return to the clinic routinely for checkups and treatment assessment.
Many heart failure patients return to the hospital with relapse shortly after initial treatment, usually within 30 days of discharge. Unfortunately, every time patients revisit the hospital, they are more at risk for getting sicker. The heart failure clinic helps check on your recovery and optimize treatment so you can avoid going back to the hospital.