- Cerebral Atherosclerosis
- Cerebrovascular Disorders
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Mesenteric Artery Disease
- Mesenteric Vascular Disease
- Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Thrombotic Disorders
- Varicose Veins
- Renal Angioplasty and Stenting
- Varicose Vein Treatment
- Vascular Stenting
How is vascular disease diagnosed?
Our team uses sophisticated diagnostic vascular testing to determine whether you have vascular disease. We use the latest imaging technology, including advanced ultrasound, computed tomography angiograms (CTAs) and cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) to pinpoint your exact diagnosis. These next-generation imaging tools allow us to create more personalized and effective treatment plans.
How is vascular disease treated at Miami Cardiac & Vascular Institute?
When treating vascular disease, we use therapies and devices that are on the forefront of vascular care. When possible, we use minimally invasive treatments that avoid long hospital stays and help you recover faster.
Treatments may include:
- Artery stenting
- Transcarotid Artery Revascularization (TCAR)
- Carotid endarterectomy
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) repair
- Lower extremity bypass
- Limb-saving therapy
- Dialysis access treatment (grafts)
- Diabetic wound care
"We identified that there was a short segment blockage in the artery and used the latest technology to prevent re-narrowing in the long-term."
Our Approach to Vascular Disease Treatment
When you come to Miami Cardiac & Vascular Institute for vascular disease treatment, you can expect:
- Care from specialists who are the leaders in their fields.
- Access to the latest technology and treatments, which may not be available at other hospitals in Florida.
- A commitment to research and development of new treatments to improve care and patient outcomes.
- A collaborative environment and team approach, as we work together on every patient’s diagnosis and treatment plan to ensure the best possible outcomes.
Who benefits from this program?
When you come to Miami Cardiac & Vascular Institute for vascular disease care, you will find a team of specialists dedicated to developing a personalized treatment plan based on your specific diagnosis. You may benefit from this program if you:
- Have been diagnosed with a vascular disease, such as peripheral artery disease or carotid artery disease.
- Have risk factors for developing vascular disease, such as a family history of vascular disease, angina, heart attacks, stroke, smoking, diabetes, obesity, unhealthy diet, lack of exercise, high blood pressure, plaque buildup in the arteries and cramping or numbness in your legs and feet and stress.
Our vascular disease specialists can provide limb-saving therapies for individuals with critical limb ischemia, a serious form of peripheral artery disease. These crucial treatments can help patients avoid amputation when they have a severe blockage in the arteries in the legs.
Meet the Vascular Disease Treatment Team
Our team includes a diverse group of cardiologists who provide all aspects of heart care, including electrophysiologists, interventional cardiologists, lipidologists, surgeons and rehabilitation specialists.