At Miami Cardiac & Vascular Institute, we treat every form of vascular disease, from common problems to rare and complex conditions. Our team has decades of experience treating vascular conditions and is one of the highest-volume centers for vascular care in the region.
When you come to Miami Cardiac & Vascular Institute, you will find a vascular care team made up of the leading vascular specialists in their respective fields of interventional neurology, interventional vascular radiology, vascular surgery and vascular medicine. These individuals work together to determine your precise diagnosis and best possible treatment plan. Our team of specialists has a wide range of skills and expertise to ensure you receive comprehensive and effective treatment.
What types of vascular diseases are treated at Miami Cardiac & Vascular Institute?
Our team has expertise in treating all forms of vascular disease. Vascular diseases are conditions that affect the arteries or veins, which ultimately affect how blood flows through your body. At Miami Cardiac & Vascular Institute, we treat:
- Cerebral Atherosclerosis
- Cerebrovascular Disorders
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Mesenteric Artery Disease
- Mesenteric Vascular Disease
- Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Thrombotic Disorders
- Varicose Veins
- Renal Angioplasty and Stenting
- Varicose Vein Treatment
- Vascular Stenting
How is vascular disease diagnosed?
Our team uses sophisticated diagnostic vascular testing to determine whether you have vascular disease. We use the latest imaging technology, including advanced ultrasound, computed tomography angiograms (CTAs) and cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) to pinpoint your exact diagnosis. These next-generation imaging tools allow us to create more personalized and effective treatment plans.
How is vascular disease treated at Miami Cardiac & Vascular Institute?
When treating vascular disease, we use therapies and devices that are on the forefront of vascular care. When possible, we use minimally invasive treatments that avoid long hospital stays and help you recover faster.
Treatments may include:
- Artery stenting
- Transcarotid Artery Revascularization (TCAR)
- Carotid endarterectomy
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) repair
- Lower extremity bypass
- Limb-saving therapy
- Dialysis access treatment (grafts)
- Diabetic wound care
We identified that there was a short segment blockage in the artery and used the latest technology to prevent re-narrowing in the long-term
When you come to Miami Cardiac & Vascular Institute for vascular disease treatment, you can expect:
- Care from specialists who are the leaders in their fields.
- Access to the latest technology and treatments, which may not be available at other hospitals in Florida.
- A commitment to research and development of new treatments to improve care and patient outcomes.
- A collaborative environment and team approach, as we work together on every patient’s diagnosis and treatment plan to ensure the best possible outcomes.
Who benefits from this program?
When you come to Miami Cardiac & Vascular Institute for vascular disease care, you will find a team of specialists dedicated to developing a personalized treatment plan based on your specific diagnosis. You may benefit from this program if you:
- Have been diagnosed with a vascular disease, such as peripheral artery disease or carotid artery disease.
- Have risk factors for developing vascular disease. These include a family history of vascular disease, angina, heart attacks, stroke, smoking, diabetes, obesity, unhealthy diet, lack of exercise, high blood pressure, plaque buildup in the arteries and cramping or numbness in your legs and feet and stress.
Meet The Team
Our team includes a diverse group of cardiologists who are able to provide all aspects of heart care, including electrophysiologists, interventional cardiologists, lipidologists, surgeons and rehabilitation specialists.